The Bio bidet bb 2000 and Brondell 1400 are two of the top seats in the market today, with many people landing on these models as their final options. We will review the similarities and primary differences between these two units. We have summarized these models and helped you decide which one is best for you.
Let’s start with an overview comparing the body, design and appearance.
- The Bio Bidet 2000 is straight across the back with a silver trim across the top. On the other hand, Brondell 1400 is slightly curved across the back and is all white.
- Both have a small black centre area for recovering signals from the remote control on the BB.
- The sensor is at the top left area in Bio Bidet bb 2000. It is centred at the top in Brondell 1400.
- The units are similar in height, with both models measuring about 6 inches tall at their tallest point in the rear.
- The swash 1400 has an indented hidden pocket connecting the water hose and power cord.
- The BB has its water hose on the same side, and the electrical cord for BB is on the other side extending from the right side.
As two of the best-selling bidet toilet seats, they share many features that you would expect from any high-end model.
- Both the models are equipped with posterior and feminine wash functions with adjustable water pressure, water temperature and nozzle position.
- Both include the popular oscillating wash feature and use stainless steel nozzles.
- Both offer temperature-controlled seats, a warm air dryer, and a built-in air deodorizer function.
- Handy night lights are available, which are helpful when visiting the bathroom at night.
- Both models have a slow closing seat and a lid feature that keeps them from slamming shut.
Let’s review the primary differences between these two units.
Primary features of Bio Bidet bb 2000
- The Bio Bidet has a slightly wider seat with a greater weight limit of 450 pounds compared to the 300 pounds of the other model. It makes the BB a better option for larger users.
- While both bidet seats can provide an oscillating wash, the BB has an added pulsating massage wash feature. This works by alternating from low pressure to a high-pressure spray pattern for a rhythmic pulsating stream.
- Another difference is in the water volume. The BB outputs 0.7 litres per minute at its maximum setting. The Brondell 1400, by comparison, outputs closer to 2.5 litres per minute.
- The BB includes a separate animal wash feature which can be used to help alleviate constipation.
Primary features of Brondell 1400
- One unique feature of this model is its adjustable spray width, where users can choose between three with the settings. The narrow setting provides a more concentrated and stronger feeling of the spray. The wider setting offers a gentler spray providing greater coverage.
- You can sit on the lid. Most bidet seat lids are not designed to be weight-bearing. However, the Brondell 1400 lid can support up to 270 pounds.
- Interestingly, this model comes in two sizes; elongated and round. If you have a round toilet, you will want to go with this model.
- Its remote control has its operation all on the front side. Words and icons are used to identify the various buttons. The two user preset buttons are found at the bottom. It allows you to preprogram the water temperature, pressure and other wash preferences.
- The remote control has a large LCD display screen on the top half with the control buttons below the display area.
- The remote is available in your choice of two colours, white or black.
Warranty terms are an essential consideration when choosing a bidet seat. The Bio Bidet 2000 bb has a three-year warranty that fully covers your seat. You can choose an extended warranty plan that provides six years full of coverage.
On the other hand, the Brondell 1400 comes with a three-year warranty as well, although the coverage declines in the outer years with a partial 75% coverage in the second year and 50% in the third year.
Both the models are top-tier bidet seats and are two of the top-selling models for good reason. Choosing which model is best for you depends on your future preferences. With the BB, you will get more water output for a more potent spray and the animal wash feature. It has a higher-weight capacity seat.
On the other hand, the Brondell 1400 offers adjustable spray width plus two users presets. So, you can save wash preferences for different people. It has a weight-bearing lid for those who want a bidet seat where you can sit on the lid.